Self Reliant Living Articles
Useful Self Sufficent Links
Talk to Us
Living In Bulgaria
Mead is believed to be the oldest known alcholic drink known to mankind
, it is made by the simple fermentation of honey and spices. I have put the basic recipe below, but you can add all sorts of your own flavours
and each type of honey will add its own charaacter to the flavour. Mead takes upto twice as long to ferment as beer does.
Recipe for Original Mead
- Ingredients for 10 Litre Fermentation
- Water (10Litres)
- 3 Kg of Honey
- 1 Lemon
- Wine Yeast (not beer)
- In a large pan bring the water to the boil, then allow to simmer
- Add the honey and stir, skimming off any scum as it appears
- When no more scum appears add your flavourings, including the juice and rind of lemon and allow to cool.
- When cool add the wine yeast, stir in and transfer to your fermentation recepticle (fermentation upto 60 hours)
- Decant after fermentation to sealed containers avoiding the yeast at the bottom.
- Serve chilled and enjoy
Welcome to the 'Gud' Life, the home of self Reliant living on the internet.
If you are interested in becoming more self reliant, or thinking of selling up and doing it for real you will find all you need to know right here.
Written by someone who has done just that. Learn from my many mistakes
A Quick Note On The Info Given On This Site
Dear All, the information on this website is given as is, I am not a solicitor, and believe the world would be a better place without them.
If you follow the advice on this site, and use your common sense you will not come to any harm. I cannot and will not guarantee any of the information here, it is just based on my experience, and I am always willing to learn. Life after all is a learning experience.
If you know of better or improved techniques please share them and I will update the site as neccessary. Enjoy and be happy. TGL
Storing & Preserving Home
Home Made Wine And Beer
Visit Our Shop of Homemade Beeswax Products
Search The Gud Life For An Article
© Copyright 2010
All Rights Reserved DABG.EU
Hosted for free by HOSTBG.EU
Talk to The Gud Life